School Council 2021-2022
What does the school council do at our school?
- We meet every few weeks as a group with Miss Walsh to discuss current school issues.
- We represent our class and give all pupils a voice.
- We help with the interview process when appointing new staff for our school.
- We hold circle times in our own classes to raise and discuss issues.
- We help with evidence trails that other adults around school may be doing.
- We gather ideas from our class and complete surveys when needed.
- We feedback to our classes after every meeting to inform them of what was discussed and how their opinions were shared with other members of the School Council.
The School council have been busy organising sports leader jobs to support with behaviour and play at lunchtimes in our playgrounds around school.
Application forms were given out for children who wished to apply. Once all of the application forms had been collected, we shortlisted suitable candidates based on their responses and created interview questions.
We have then carried our interviews with all the candidates and recorded their responses. This will then be used to create a rota for sports leader jobs across school.
Meet our current school councils members for this year...
Every class from Year 2 to Year 6 elected one member of their class to represent them and form the School Council. Each member has a badge to show their role and meets with the group every two weeks.