School Council 2020-2021
Meet our current school councils members for this year...
Every class from Year 2 to Year 6 elected one member of their class to represent them and form the School Council. Each member has a badge to show their role and meets with the group every two weeks.
Miss H Walsh supports the children during the school council meetings.
What does the school council do at our school?
- We meet every 2 weeks as a group with Miss Walsh to discuss current school issues.
- We represent our class and give all pupils a voice.
- We help with the interview process when appointing new staff for our school.
- We hold circle times in our own classes to raise and discuss issues.
- We help with evidence trails that other adults around school may be doing.
- We gather ideas from our class and complete surveys when needed.
- We feedback to our classes after every meeting to inform them of what was discussed and how their opinions were shared with other members of the School Council.
Road Safety Investigation
PCSO Rice invited us to help the police carry out a traffic operation outside school.
We used 'Smiley Sid' and a speed camera gun to monitor the speed that vehicles were travelling outside school.
We all had a go at using the speed camera to monitor and found that the majority of vehicles were travelling at an appropriate speed.
It was a fun and interesting morning working with the police!
Safeguarding in school
Mrs Cross asked us to review the children's safeguarding policy for school. We looked through it and made notes on different sections.
From this, we had a lot of questions about safeguarding and behaviour in school.
We arranged an interview with the school safeguarding leads - Mrs Cross and Mrs Bryne. We asked our classes if they had any questions that they would like to bring to the meeting.
We then spent a morning in the meeting room finding out the answers to our questions. It was very interesting and we learnt a lot about the safeguarding lead's jobs and what happens in school. We then told our classes all about the interview and what we found out.