Pupil Premium Funding
Snapethorpe Primary School recognises that all pupils regardless of their background should have equal access to a curriculum which will enable them to reach their potential. The Pupil Premium is a Government initiative that targets extra money to pupils from deprived backgrounds, which research shows underachieve compared to their peers. The Pupil Premium is additional funding for publicly funded schools in England to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils and close the gap between them and their peers
The Government have used pupils entitled to Free School meals as an indicator for deprivation, and have deployed a fixed amount of money to schools per pupil, based on the number of pupils eligible for Free School meals. Looked after or the children of armed service personnel are also eligible for this increased funding.
The Government are not dictating how schools should spend this money, but are clear that schools will need to employ the strategies that they know will support these pupils to increase their attainment, and ‘close the gap’ between their attainment and the attainment of other pupils.
Do you receive one of the following benefits?
- Income Support (IS)
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA-IR)
- Income Based Jobseeker's Allowance (IB-JSA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit and are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income, as assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190
- Working Tax Credit 'run on'- the payment you receive for a further four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
If you meet any of these criteria we do urge you to register. Please speak to a member of our Office Staff or Miss Carter who will be happy to explain how to register.
The Pupil Premium Champion at Snapethorpe Primary School is Miss Carter.
Pupil Premium Funding 2020 - 2021
Pupil Premium Funding 2019 - 2020
Pupil Premium Funding 2018 - 2019
Pupil Premium Funding Strategy 2018 - 2019 - Updated Summer 2
Pupil Premium Funding 2017 - 2018