Meet our current school councils members (2018 - 2019)
Every class from year 2 elected one member of their class to represent them and form the school council. Each member has a badge to show their role and meets with the group every two weeks.
Miss H Walsh supports the children during the school council meetings.
What does the school council do at our school?
- We meet at least once a month as a group with a teacher present to discuss any problems.
- We represent our class and give all pupils a voice.
- We help with the interview process when appointing new staff for our school.
- We hold circle times in our own classes to raise and discuss issues.
- We help with evidence trails that other adults around school may be doing.
- We gather ideas from our class and complete surveys when needed.
What have we done so far this year?
- We have completed pupil questionnaires with our classes about behaviour and safety as well as pupil voice to help gather evidence for our school and find out what we need to improve at.
- We have regular meeting to discuss the lunchtime equipment, ensuring that the sports leaders are purchasing the equipment that children want to play with.
- We used our questionnaire about behaviour and safety and felt that some of the issues were at lunchtime. As a school council we worked together to create posters highlighting appropriate games and activities that could be carried out at lunch time and displayed these around school.
- We collected ideas about the rewards that are given out in school whether at lunchtime or as part of Investors in Pupils.
- We created a list of rewards that we don't currently have in school that we would like to have in the future.