Meet our current school councils members (2018 - 2019)
Every class from Year 2 to Year 6 elected one member of their class to represent them and form the School Council. Each member has a badge to show their role and meets with the group every two weeks.
Miss H Walsh supports the children during the school council meetings.
What does the school council do at our school?
- We meet every 2 weeks as a group with Miss Walsh to discuss current school issues.
- We represent our class and give all pupils a voice.
- We help with the interview process when appointing new staff for our school.
- We hold circle times in our own classes to raise and discuss issues.
- We help with evidence trails that other adults around school may be doing.
- We gather ideas from our class and complete surveys when needed.
- We feedback to our classes after every meeting to inform them of what was discussed and how their opinions were shared with other members of the School Council.
What have we done so far this year?
- We have completed pupil questionnaires with our classes about behaviour and safety as well as pupil voice to help gather evidence for our school and find out what we need to improve at.
- We have discussed the lunchtime equipment, to ensure that the equipment is being used appropriately across school.
- We asked our classes what equipment they would like in the playgrounds and worked together to create a school order. When the order arrived, we helped to unpack and distribute the equipment fairly across the playgrounds.
- At the start of the school year, we recognised that our Sports Leader system needed reviewing so we spent time in our meetings discussing this and gathered ideas from our classes about how this could be improved.
- We created job descriptions and application forms for all of the lunchtime jobs available. To promote this we then led an assembly to inform all of the Key Stage 2 children about the changes and how they could apply. We then spent our lunchtimes handing out application forms for children who wished to apply.
- Once all of the application forms had been collected, we shortlisted suitable candidates based on their responses and created interview questions.
- We then carried out interviews with all of the candidates and recorded responses to the questions asked. Using all of this information, we then created a new Sports Leader rota to implement across school. These Sports Leaders have all been in role since Spring 1.
- We have introduced paper recycling bins to all classes and staff printing areas throughout school. We are responsible for the upkeep of these recycling bins, ensuring that they are emptied when needed.